A heck of a lot of stuff is happening in the Wuthering Bites world, including the planning of my Gluten Free pop up restaurant in Bristol with the SupperThyme gang. We should have a date very soon, so as soon as i know i will let you know! We’re trying to make the menus as allergy free as possible, and if we can’t get dairy free, egg free down by the first one i intend to by the next one.
As i have been so busy i have been resorting to very quick meals, and although this recipe wasn’t planned it turned out so well that i thought i’d share it with you as it makes such a good quick lunch or dinner idea.
Aside from the carbs, it also makes a very healthy one, alkaline power foods at their best! The garlic breadcrumbs really give the crunch it needs if you’re being frugal or can’t get round to buying any meat one week. Enjoy 🙂
- 250g of Gluten Free Pasta (I used Doves Farm)
- 2 Slices of Gluten Free Bread wizzed in a food processor to crumbs
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Black Pepper and Salt
- Glug of Olive Oil
- 1 Chilli
- Bunch of Spinach
- 1 Lemon
- Parmasen (Optional)
- 1. Put your gluten free pasta onto boil.
- 2. Pop your wizzed breadcrumbs into a frying pan with a glug of olive oil. Grate on the garlic and add a touch of salt and pepper to season. Fry the breadcrumbs on a medium heat until they are golden. Take off the heat and set aside.
- 3. Chop your chilli finely.
- 4. Once the pasta is how you like it, drain and set aside.
- 5. Fry your chilli and spinach in some olive oil in a frying pan, as the spinach starts to wilt add in your pasta.
- 6. Squeeze the whole lemon over the pasta adding some zest too.
- 7. Finally season with salt and pepper and parmasen and mix in the garlic breadcrumbs.